2020 Mavic R-SYS SLR 25 Clincher Wheelset
As the lightest clincher wheelset Mavic have ever produced, the Mavic R-SYS SLR Clincher Wheelset 2017 has a lot to live up to. The R-SYS were originally designed for riders who loved the mountains and wanted to ride them as efficiently as possible, so Mavic knew they had to make something that was laterally stiff, but also incredibly lightweight - and that’s why ‘Tracomp’ technology was introduced.
Tracomp, which stands for Traction/Compression, combines extremely low weight with high lateral stiffness and control - making whatever wheel that uses this technology superbly efficient at descending. This also enhances power transfer when climbing or sprinting out the saddle. The result of Tracomp is clear - it’s 30% laterally stiffer than any other wheel in its weight category, much lighter thanks to its superlight carbon spokes and it gives sublime road vibration dampening and vertical compliance for extra comfort, which means you can ride longer, further and higher.
Mavic recognises that once you get to the top, you’ve got to go back down and for this reason, they’ve instilled their confidence into their highest performance brake track - Exalith 2. Exalith 2 greatly compliments the R-SYS SLR by reducing stopping distance by 20%, no matter whether you’re riding in the wet or dry. It also provides powerful and easy to modulate braking to give you total confidence on the descents.
Whereas extra material adds weight and stiffness in some wheels, in this wheelset, every gram of excess material that doesn’t increase strength or durability has been expelled. This not just reduces weight, it enhances aerodynamics, therefore saving watts.
Mavic Yksion Pro 700x25mm tyres come with the Mavic R-SYS SLR Clincher Wheelset 2017, offering a great balance of grip, low rolling resistance and at a low weight of only 210g, perfectly compliment this wheelset.
The front GripLink tyre has been developed precisely for high-altitude riding and helps to dispel water when cornering, therefore giving you greater confidence and grip. With a strong Kevlar injection into these tyres, the Yksion Pro’s give heightened puncture resistance, too.
Setting it apart from the front tyre due to the overall weight bearing needing to be much higher, the rear tyre features PowerLink. This technology sports a more supple nylon puncture protection instead of Kevlar - this lowers rolling resistance and increases speed, but the tread pattern has actually been optimised to reduce tyre pressure on the ground, too.
- Yksion Pro GripLink (front) & PowerLink (rear) (700 x 25) tyres
- Exalith brake pads
- Multifonction adjustment wrench
- BR601 quick releases
- Computer magnet
- User guide
- Tracomp ring tool
- 2 x Mavic Yksion Pro 700 x 25mm tyres
- 9, 10 and 11 speed Shimano/SRAM systems - convertible to Campagnolo with an optional driver body (sold separately)
- Brake track: Exalith 2
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Height: Front 24mm, rear 26mm, asymmetrical
- Internal width: 15mm
- Drilling: Fore
- Tyres: Yksion Pro GripLink (front) & PowerLink (rear) (700 x 25)
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Spoke count: 16 (front) / 20 (rear)
- Lacing: Radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminium
- Material: Carbon fibre (front and rear non-drive side) and Zicral (rear drive side)
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Max. Pressure: 25mm 7.7 bars - 110 PSI
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels does not exceed 120kg, bike included
- Recommended tyre sizes: 21 to 30 mm
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Axle material: Aluminium
- Front and rear bodies: Aluminium
- Super Light sealed cartridge bearings
- Weight: 1295g (pair) 555g (front) 740g (rear)
When you order from opencartworks.com, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment. You can choose your preferred shipping method on the Order Information page during the checkout process.
The total time it takes to receive your order is shown below:
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: The time it takes to prepare your item(s) to ship from our warehouse. This includes preparing your items, performing quality checks, and packing for shipment.
Shipping time: The time for your item(s) to tarvel from our warehouse to your destination.
Shipping from your local warehouse is significantly faster. Some charges may apply.
In addition, the transit time depends on where you're located and where your package comes from. If you want to know more information, please contact the customer service. We will settle your problem as soon as possible. Enjoy shopping!